Thames Weir guides
Welcome to the up to date Guides to all the playboating and whitewater on the River Thames. To the left is the list of weirs that at certain levels are regularly paddled. To find out the information you need as a guide just click on the name of the weir you are interested in. Some points to note.
- This is only a guide. Do not rely on the information here only. Many weirs change their characteristics depending on gates open, flow of the Thames and what the weirs above and downstream are doing (this affects the levels of the pools above and below and hence the drop the water takes). Make your own judgement based on your ability and experience.
- Some of the weirs mentioned here are un-paddleable at certain levels – they produce killer stoppers which you are not going to get out of.
- There are parts of nearly all these weirs that are completely un-paddleable, so please make sure once you have decided if you have the right ability and whether the weir is at the correct level, that you actually paddle the correct section.
- Never paddle alone.
- Change considerately. The locals don’t want to see any surprises.
- Do not park where you will cause an obstruction, or on private property without prior permission.
- Tvfreestylers or its members do not accept any liability if you injure yourself, others or damage any property.
- HAVE FUN.